Apparently these bars are called Avalanche Bars. Personally I think my name is much more original…
These are delicious. Seriously good. Oh and they’re totally breakfast acceptable. Rice crispies and peanut butter? It’s basically breakfast in a bar.
The recipe I used had a few too many rice crispies in it so I’ve cut them down a little bit for you. Hopefully they’ll be less crumbly because no one wants to have to eat their breakfast off the floor. I also added more peanut butter because well…you can never have too much peanut butter.
And if it’s actually hot where you are, you don’t even have to turn on your oven!
Peanut Butter, White Chocolate and Marshmallow Crispies
Adapted from Cookies and Cups.
- Makes: 12 bars
- Cook time: 15minutes not including cooling time
- 300g/10.5oz white chocolate
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 2 1/2 cups rice crispies
- 1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate
- Grease and line a 8×8 inch baking tray.
- Break the white chocolate into small pieces and melt slowly in the microwave in 30second intervals. You can also do this over a double boiler but make sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water in the pan.
- Once the chocolate has melted add the peanut butter and stir to combine.
- Add the rice crispies and then leave the mixture to cool for 15minutes.
- Once cooled a little add the marshmallows and chopped dark chocolate and mix.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin and leave to cool completely.
Just don’t blame me when your dentist doesn’t like your breakfast choice.