1. It’s my birthday next week! I love birthdays. Unfortunately though Sam has decided he’d rather be in Manchester on a course about flanges or sealants or something equally as exciting and our flatmate has decided he’s going offshore. Might be a bit of a lonely week.
2. However, the good news is I decided which cake I’m going to make. Yes, I’m making myself a birthday cake. Sam offered but I’m not sure how that would turn out… I think I’m going to use this recipe and adapt it slightly to turn it into a birthday cake rather than a ring.
3. I got to go rock climbing again this week! You can’t really rock climb by yourself and none of my friends are interested in it so I only ever climb when Sam is around. We have a sort of competition going on between us. Each trying to out do the other. This just leads to us not really being able to move by the time we’re finished.
4. Why is iced coffee so much better than hot coffee?
5. Sam went away for a wedding this weekend and left me with this.
Two weeks worth of offshore clothes. I didn’t know which clothes were clean and which were dirty so I started sniffing them to see. After a few truly shocking smells I just chucked the whole lot in the wash.
6. Last night I went to see a friend I haven’t seen since uni. We spent the whole night listening to Spice Girls, Steps, Blue, 911, Backstreet Boys and ended the night with some 90s dance. I think her neighbours probably hated us by the end of the night.
7. I cleared out two bags of clothes yesterday and found 5 pairs of heels. None of which I can walk in. I think they might just remain as decoration in my wardrobe.
8. I’m currently looking for a flat to buy and spent yesterday looking round a few flats. Some people have really awful decoration. My favourites included a white leather sofa that took up the whole livingroom (and I mean the whole room) and a bedroom that had been painted black which a dark grey carpet.
9. This morning I cleaned the flat and now have it down to under an hour. That’s some super speedy cleaning.
10. Tonight we’re going to the best buffet restaurant I’ve ever been too. It’s Pan Asian and has different sections for different Asian cusines. It’s incredible.